STE(A)M: Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics
|City of the Course||Lisbon, Portugal|
|Address of the Course||LIsbon South Bank|
|Target Group||School education and adult education: teachers and school educators, middle management, school management, members of the school board, school governors, school advisors, inspectors, all school or education related people|
|Date/s of the Course||
5 – 10 March 2017 / 22 – 27 October 2017
|Where to apply||
For more information: contact Charlotte Depoorter: firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer a flexible cost structure, allowing you to select the package that fits best your personal or school situation. http://www.erasmusplus-ist.eu/cost-structure
Full package (€ 1250 = Participant uses all hotel accommodation offered by the course organizer)
Lunch package (€ 945 = Participant doesn’t sleep in the hotel and books another hotel on own behalf)
Course package (€ 785 = Participant doesn’t sleep or lunch in hotel and books another hotel on own behalf and takes care him/herself of the lunches)
- Understand the concepts of STE(A)M,
- Understand and master the STE(A)M didactics,
- Be able to design a lesson using the STE(A)M didactics,
- Be able to advice the school management during the process of STE(A)M implementation,
- Be able to write an implementation plan for STE(A)M in the own class room practice,
- Design projects and create attainable challenges to implement these solutions and projects in your own school or institution,
- Better mastery of the use of digital visual techniques as part of the setting up of a didactical and learning process,
- Improved competence of the use of colloquial English,
- Use of working methods of cooperative learning to have more effective meetings,
- Improved knowledge of other European educational systems,
- Improved insight of differences and similarities between European countries, resulting in a better understanding and respect,
- Improved competences of the use of ICT as mean of communication,
- Improved competences of the use of ICT as mean of presentation,
- Use of interactive and participative working methods in order to achieve better teaching and/or have more effective meetings.
|ECVET Point||2-3; in preparation for 2017|
|Competence Oriented Approach||
As part of the pre-task, the participants will map their personal staring situation and working context. Also they will identify the needs of the organisation and their personal needs. We try to match those needs with the offered content, methods and aimed competences. That way, we conceived the course, starting with defining the competences that need to be achieved.
During the course, next methods will be applied: lectures, work sessions, peer exchange, self-reflection, study visits, portfolio work, role play, editing on own action plan, presentations… Where appropriated a webinar, videoconferencing or (a part of) a MOOC can be included.
At the end of the course, a network of participants can be established in order to keep on exchanging experiences, examples of good practice and support the continuous development of competences.
|Blended Learning Modalities||We provide an electronic learning platform where all course material is assembled. Course participants can have a skype contact with the trainer before and after the course.|
|Assessment Methods||Feedback of trainer(s) on personal work and portfolio of the participant; Feedback of trainer(s) and group on presentations made by the participant; Assessment of final work ( such as: own action plan, produced master piece, parts of the curriculum revise|
|GINCO Quality Levels||
We established a quality system inspired on the recommendations of Ginco (Grundtvig International Network of Course Organisers).
|European Dimension Guaranteed||
The course is the result of a previous international project or collaboration. In Portugal we have a partnership with a local in-service training organisation. The team of trainers is multi-national. We have an active policy to include as many different nationalities as possible. The courses are specifically organized in Lisbon in order to be able to include study visits and locally present expertise.